This course is your secret weapon to becoming a star manager leading a superstar team in this different, remote, and socially distanced world.
In this course, you will discover expert information, practical advice, valuable tips, and helpful scenarios that take you smoothly and at your own pace from "not quite sure" to confident. You will also explore critical topics of communication, collaboration, culture, and diversity; examine organizational structure and support; learn new techniques for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding remotely; and tackle team productivity, effective feedback, and conflict issues. Before you know it, you will find that you have a whole new toolkit to help you keep your remote team happy, productive, motivated, and successful.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Remote team management isn't new, but it has become far more common and extensive than it used to be. So, whether you have gone from managing the occasional "telecommuter" to managing a fully remote team or have been managing a remote team and would like to explore new strategies and best practices for this unique form of management—this course is for you.
- Understanding Remote Work
- Managing Remote Communication
- Aligning Remote Teams with Company Culture
- Maintaining Organizational Support
- Structuring Your Team
- Collaborate to Succeed
- Growing the Team
- Managing Diverse Remote Teams
- Managing, Monitoring, and Maintaining Remote Team Productivity
- Providing Feedback in a Remote Environment
- Resolving Conflict in Remote Teams
- Managing Remotely Is Personal
What you will learn
- Summarize solutions for improving remote team communications
- Explain how organizational culture impacts team performance
- Discuss the role of organizational support in remote team success
- Examine the impact of team structure on remote team performance
- Obtain best practices for adding to a remote team
How you will benefit
- Effectively manage your remote work environment, including conflict resolution and effective feedback
- Discover techniques for improving the productivity of remote teams
- Learn methods and best practices for promoting collaboration within remote teams