College, Career, and Community Writers Program (C3WP)
Summer Institute 2022
July 11th-14th, 9 AM - 3:30 PM
*Optional follow-up day: October 15th, 9 AM - 3:30 PM
Join us online for the C3WP Summer Institute. The Central Washington Writing Project Institute immerses teachers in the College, Career, and Community Writers Program research-proven, scaffolded instructional strategies and formative assessments that prepare all students to read critically, explore multiple perspectives, and write source-based arguments/opinions in grades 4-12. Participants develop a plan for integrating C3WP resources and formative assessments in the curriculum.
Who should participate?
- All 4th-12th grade teachers looking for dynamic and effective strategies for teaching opinion and argumentative writing.
- Grade-level teams, departments, or PLCs who want to build a stronger writing program.
- Administrators who want access to transformative tools for their schools.
Successful participants will be able to:
- Implement C3WP writing instruction to meet the academic needs of ALL students, including English Learners, struggling readers and writers, and advanced students.
- Implement research-validated C3WP resources in their classrooms to improve student achievement in source-based argument and opinion writing.
- Utilize C3WP instructional approaches to improve students’ critical reading skills.
- Utilize formative assessments to analyze students’ argument and opinion writing to plan next instructional steps focused on teaching specific argument skills
The institute is proud to offer 4 days of interactive training developed by Dr. Bobby Cummings and expert facilitators from around the state. This training is eligible for 23 clock hours, which can be purchased by registering for the clock hour section below.
Join us this Summer!