How can we best assist our clients in not only overcoming their symptoms and problems, but also in crafting rewarding, meaningful lives? Positive psychology, the scientific study of human flourishing, offers helpful tools for this endeavor. In this 6-hour training participants will explore foundational concepts from the field of positive psychology including flow, positive emotion, grit, capitalization, and meaning in life. With this foundation in place, we will then learn about effective positive psychology intervention practices, evaluating their evidence base and learning how to use relevant exercises in clinical practice. Participants will take part in experiential activities designed to give them a rich understanding of the use and impact of positive psychology intervention techniques.
This training is intended for: practitioners who provide direct services, primarily in the fields of psychology, social work, marriage & family therapy, counseling, coaching, and allied fields. Case managers, physicians, nurses, other medical professionals, & educators may also be interested in this seminar.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to achieving “the good life”
- Describe the evidence base for positive psychology interventions
- Facilitate multiple brief positive psychology interventions
- Generate ideas for how to integrate positive psychology approaches with other interventions they already use
Cancellation requests for non-fee continuing education events sent via email that occur on or inside a three business day window of the event date will be subject to a $20 administrative fee. Please note that if you register and do not attend, you are still liable for the administrative fee. Collection of this fee will occur via telephone within two weeks of training date. Non-payment of the cancellation fee will result in the loss of workshop privileges (i.e. participant will be unable to register for future VTSC events).
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop. The Veterans Training Support Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. VTSC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a new registrant signing up for a workshop, you will be directed to make an account after you click "Add to Cart" below. Once you have created a new account, your workshop registration is NOT COMPLETE. You must go to "View Cart" in the top right corner of your page and continue checking out.