This is a beginner level course in composite manufacturing. Students will receive hands-on training and experience in the construction of a basic fiberglass assembly. Each student will have a chance to complete a project from start to finish, including cutting, shaping, building the composite layers, applying resin, and vacuum bagging the product.
- We can only make boards between 145cm and 164cm
- We can only make regular and reverse cambers (No hybrids)
- Composite materials handling
- CNC machining of base and core materials
- Metal shaping
- Interface preparation - cleaning and sanding
- Core shaping
- Core preparation
- Composite hand layup
- Mold and tooling preparation
- Vacuum bagging
- Composite cutting and drilling
- Composite finishing - Grinding and polishing
This is a hands-on course using power tools, hand tools, hazardous chemicals and materials. All safety concerns will be addressed in class, but students should be prepared for physical labor and dress accordingly. If you have any other questions contact the instructor, Damian Cianci: email@example.com.
There are no academic requirements to meet before registering for any of these courses, but there will be considerable use of power tools and other shop related equipment so a basic understanding will be helpful.
* If you don't see a time that works for your schedule, and you have at least three people, contact the instructor and we can schedule it.
Mailing List Signup - Get notified of upcoming classes!
- Click "add to cart
- Create an account
- Make payment online (Boeing people say PO or Check and write in "Boeing"
- Complete the admission form below:
- Call The BTC (425-640-1840) and give them the number of the class you wish to register for
Contact Damian Cianci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Business Training Center of Edmonds Community College has been "off-campus" in the heart of the community providing practical industry focused education for over 17 years.