|Modern Metal Fabrication
Welding, Waterjet and CNC plasma table
Longer course but still entry level!
This course was designed around still teaching the original welding fundamentals but using the strengths of the waterjet and CNC plasma table to quickly create parts to be used in a much larger assembly. This will also include an introductory look at Fusion 360 3D design software which is used to create the initial models. Many students in our shorter Basic Metal Fabrication course have been requesting a longer class with a more involved welding project so this is what we've came up with. We're also happy to be able to integrate the Omax Waterjet machine and Torchmate CNC plasma table into the course as well. These are large professional machines that can knock out all the parts needed for our projects in just minutes.
The class projects are based primarily around having a large number of pieces requiring a substantial amount of welding. We want them to be complex and somewhat difficult to fabricate, but not overkill. The advanced machinery along with Fusion 360 integration really make this possible and add a much greater educational factor. In all our courses we try to show a larger view of the manufacturing process rather than just the single skill-set and this new course revision really hits that mark.
- CAD Software Overview - Fusion 360
- Designing products for manufacturing
- CAD design principles
- CAM - Creating toolpaths for CNC Machines
- Basic g-code commands
CNC Plasma Table
- Basic machine functions
- Importing the g-code
- Indexing the machine
- Preparing the machine for operation
- Safety precautions
- Running the program
- Welding types and methods (MIG, TIG, Arc and Gas)
- Choosing the right machine for the job
- Machine settings
- Overall safety and best practices
- Welding the various joints
- Break test (Being able to weld a joint that won't break)
- Where to buy equipment, tools, consumables and pricing
- Forming metal (Gas torch, hammer, press)
- All shop fabrication tools (Die grinder, angle grinder, hand drills, drill press, and more)
Mailing List Signup - Get notified of upcoming classes!
- Click "add to cart
- Create an account
- Make payment online (Boeing people say PO or Check and write in "Boeing")
- Complete the admission form below:
- Call The BTC (425-640-1840) and give them the number of the class you wish to register for
Contact Damian Cianci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Business Training Center of Edmonds Community College has been "off-campus" in the heart of the community providing practical industry focused education since 1998.