|Subtractive Manufacturing - Laser Technology
Inline with our other computer based manufacturing courses, programmable laser cutting/engraving technology is another widely used processes in automated industry. In class we'll learn the many applications of this technology and how it can be utilized by individuals at work or in their own shop. The build for this course is a small laser cutting system that teaches students all the basic principles needed to create, maintain and service these machines. Beyond this there will include discussions on the limitations and possible upgrades of the system.
A common topic throughout all our Advanced Aerospace courses is the integration of disparate engineering disciplines and learning what you can do with a limited budget but strong technological understanding. There are more and more functional yet cheaply made tech products in the marketplace, yet with the right training and creative mind, often many of these products can be developed into quite viable pieces of equipment. This of course can have a substantial cost savings over going with a professional vendor and the benefit of having the product technicians in house.
- Assembly Mechanics and Processes
- Linear Motion Systems
- Laser Safety
- Laser wavelengths and application
- Laser technologies for use manufacturing
- 3D Drive systems
- Use of various shop hand tools (die grinders, drills, dremel, DA Sander)
- 3D Design overview (For fabrication of Laser motion system)
- 3D printing for manufacturing (Used in making some of our parts for the machine)
- CNC Manufacturing Technology
- G-Code and toolpath creation
- Laser cutter/engraver control software
- Electronic control systems
- Wiring electronic components
- Cable management
Mailing List Signup - Get notified of upcoming classes!
- Click "add to cart
- Create an account
- Make payment online (Boeing employees choose "Voucher")
- Complete the admission form below:
- Call The BTC (425-640-1840) and give them the number of the class you wish to register for
Contact Damian Cianci at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Business Training Center of Edmonds Community College has been "off-campus" in the heart of the community providing practical industry focused education since 1998.