The demand for experienced home health aides continues to increase—largely due to our aging population and a preference for at-home health care. Learn how to care for patients in private residences by providing basic medical and personal services. Home health aides are employed by home health agencies, hospitals and nursing homes.
Students will learn the Home Care Core Curriculum and the Health Related Tasks Curriculum. Subjects will include but are not limited to:
- An introduction to home care and effectively working with a variety of populations in their homes
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Assisting in self-medication
- Safety and accident prevention
- Assisting with exercise programs and medical equipment
- Assisting with special medical conditions and needs.
Home Health Aides must be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- An ethical person.
- Able to pass a fingerprint screen.
Note: Driver’s license is preferred.
Tuition and fees are $1250.00. Includes all course materials and one set of scrubs.
You may be eligible to receive funding for these programs. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.