If you are looking to build a career in early childhood education, becoming a Child Development Associate (CDA) is a great way to enhance your skills. It’s also a great first step toward an associate degree in Early Childhood, Humanities or Human Services. CDAs are prepared to meet the specific needs of children to nurture their physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. Students in this course will take 8 training modules, which must be completed prior to applying for the New York State Credential.
Course modules include:
- Safe, Healthy Learning Environment
- Child Growth and Development
- Program Development Part I
- Encouraging children’s physical, creative and cognitive development
- Program Development Part II
- Language and Communication with Children
- Supporting children’s social and emotional development with positive child guidance
- Establishing Relationships with Families
- Observing and Recording Children’s Behavior
- Effective Program Operation
CDAs must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
Tuition and fees are $325 per module, or $2,600 for all 8 modules. A funding option is available online.
You may be eligible to receive funding for these programs. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.
Note: need to recertify? Contact FLCC’s Professional Development and Continuing Education Office at 585.785.1660 to learn more about our 45-hour renewal course. Tuition is $800.