This course prepares students for an administrative position in the dental front office. Learn basic administrative functions from composing and typing letters to managing office projects. Students will be introduced to dental terminology and the anatomy of the oral cavity in order to properly document dental charts and gain an understanding of dental services provided as they relate to billing and coding to insurance companies.
Learn to maintain accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial records for the dental practice. Gain job search strategies while building your skills for employment. Included in the course is 1 hour remedial math.
-Basic Administrative Functions
* Dental Terminology and Anatomy of the Oral Cavity
* Dental Chart Documentation
* Dental Reference Books and Insurance
* Contract Interpretation/Dental Services and Coding
* Dental Billing and Dental Claim Form
* Dental Practice Accountant
Please email HMILLER@hostos.cuny.edu for more information.