Please observe that the scholarship is awarded in the spring and fall semesters only.
Thank you for your interest in the Career Success Scholarship (formerly known as the Helena Rubinstein Scholarship).
The Career Success Scholarship fund was created, through an endowment from the Helena Rubinstein Foundation, in 2011; and, is aimed at supporting students in continuing education certificate programs. It is open to individuals who seek to advance their careers through education and training -especially those who are unemployed or seeking a career change, and who do not have access to other sources of funding that can pay for tuition and fees. This scholarship does not support current or future degree program studies.
Candidates that possess an Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree are only eligible to apply if they meet the criteria below and submit proof of when they graduated:
- Five or more years have passed since the student applicant graduated with their Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree.
Click Here for Application Link
Scholarships are paid directly to the college where the student is enrolled and covers up to 90% of tuition costs. The scholarships do not cover the costs of books, materials, equipment or other course-related expenses.
If you have questions about the scholarship or your certificate program, please consult your college's scholarship liaison.
- If selected the scholarship covers up to 90% of tuition only (students are responsible for all fees, exam fees, and other expenses)-Student is responsible for remaining balance
- Is awarded for programs that prepare individuals for jobs where there are currently open positions
- Expires at the end of each CUNY financial year (June 30th)
All applicants are required to submit:
- A signed and completed application form, including the essay
- Unofficial Transcript/ Photo of their college degree – only for the students that hold an Associates and/ or Bachelor’s Degree
- A college application supplement completed by the college
- Verification of income:
- Your most recent 1040A tax return form (NO W2's), 2020
- Notarize letter from employer verifying income (with Company Letterhead)
- Proof of Unemployment benefits
- Social Security benefits
- Disability benefits
- SNAP (food stamps) and TANF/Cash assistance
The document must state the dates for which you are eligible for benefits and/or services, a copy of a benefit card is not accepted. Pay stubs are an acceptable form of documentation for undocumented individuals only. If you do not provide one of the requested financial documents your application will not be reviewed.
Please be sure to cover or blackout all social security numbers and upload your documents in PDF format only.
The deadline to receive all items is by 4:59 PM, Monday, August 1st, 2022. Colleges have the authority to set their deadline as early as one week before the deadline above. Our main form of communication is e-mail, so be sure to check your e-mail regularly during the application process.
We strongly recommend that you submit this application in advance of the deadline as much as possible, as your college must complete additional items ahead of the deadline.
- Any items received post-deadline will not be considered for review
- All information entered in the application will be encrypted and kept strictly confidential