In this professional development course for teachers, you'll get the training you need to reach the diverse mix of students you face every day--learning proven strategies that turn diversity into opportunity.
Get the training you need to reach the diverse mix of students you face every day. You will learn proven strategies for inclusion that turn diversity into opportunity. With a mix of students who have learning disabilities, neuro-biological disorders, and physical challenges, the modern classroom requires an efficient and effective teacher who can prioritize under tight deadlines and be creative on demand.
In this course, you will discover how students with special needs can become a part of the mainstream. You will learn to see the inclusive classroom as a home for these students, exploring how all students can benefit from an adaptive learning environment. You will examine how each child learns and what you can do to help them develop new strengths. You'll gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities offered by inclusion and how to build collaborative partnerships with the special educator and classroom aides. Above all, you'll discover creative, low-budget strategies for turning your inclusive classroom into a nurturing, supportive learning environment that helps every student!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. A few Windows-specific examples are included. Mac students are welcome, but may not be able to duplicate all examples.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.In this professional development course for teachers, you'll get the training you need to reach the diverse mix of students you face every day--learning proven strategies that turn diversity into opportunity.
- Why Inclusion?
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Who Are Your Students?
- Managing Students in the Classroom
- Finding Students' Cognitive Strengths
- Using the Strength-Based Interview
- Modifying Your Lessons
- Helping Students Overcome Common Obstacles
- Recognizing Your Teaching Style
- Encouraging Collaboration
- Working With Co-teachers
- Evaluating Your Effectiveness