Learn how to create a classroom website and how having one can make you a more effective and dynamic teacher.
Learn how to create a classroom website in this fun, easy-to-understand course for teachers. In no time, you'll build an interactive site with text, images, videos, and more. We will cover how to create an engaging website that visitors will want to come back to again and again. You will see how creating a classroom website will help with the home-school connection every teacher strives for. Finally, you will discover how simple it is to create a classroom website and how having one can make you a more effective and dynamic teacher.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Get a teaching tool that will help you become a more modern, effective and dynamic teacher. This easy-to-understand course will help build a published classroom website complete with content, images, links, and a blog.
- Planning a Classroom Website
- Getting Started
- Designing Your Website
- Organizing Your Website
- Adding Links and Resources
- Multimedia Elements
- WebQuests Continued
- Student Engagement
- Going Live and Maintaining Your Website
What you will learn
- Design a classroom website that aligns with classroom needs.
- Identify features that support the functional purpose of the classroom website.
- Evaluate features on how they support the functuinal goals of a classroom website.
- Implement an interactive component into a classroom website.
How you will benefit
- Become a more effective and dynamic teacher by creating your own website.
- Learn to keep your students safe when surfing the web.
- Implement a great communication tool in your classroom by creating a blog and teaching your students about blogging.