This combined course will improve your knowledge of both RADAR and Laser speed measurement devices and give you the instructional tools to present RADAR and Laser training programs to other members of law enforcement.
You will learn the different scientific principles behind these devices and their proper application within the overall speed enforcement program. In addition, we will cover the various aspects of equipment use such as testing and verification protocols, case law, health issues, and many other operational considerations.
Through practical exercises using a variety of different units, you will be exposed to the latest technology in the field. You will also take part in teaching exercises that emphasize the need for complete equipment familiarity on the part of the operator.
- Time, distance, and speed measurement
- Scientific principles of RADAR and Laser
- Operational considerations
- Case law and administrative rules
- Preparations for court presentation
- Theories of adult teaching and learning
- Four-step teaching process
- Practical exercises and written exams
- Classroom presentations
Criminal justice instructors, police officers, supervisors, security, military, manufacturer and distributor representatives
Florida officers must be a RADAR/Laser operator for a minimum of three years and have successfully completed the FDLE instructor techniques courses prior to attending this class. This is also suggested for officers from other states.
What to Bring
- Traffic Laser/RADAR unit
- Laptop computer
This course fulfills the speed measurement requirement for sworn Florida officers only.
A limited number of "course fee" scholarships have been provided by Applied Concepts/Stalker Radar, Kustom Signals, Inc. and Laser Technology, Inc. for IPTM's Police Traffic Laser/RADAR Instructor course. For additional information, please contact IPTM at (904) 620-4786.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “One of the best courses I attended in my 20+ years of law enforcement.” – M.R.
- “The class structure is great and the facility is top notch. I will be coming back for more classes.” – R.M.
- “Great course. I will recommend more officers at my department attend.” – J.H.
- “Excellent course and greatly enhanced my knowledge and ability to instruct recruit officers as well as my entire patrol force.” – J.B.
- “Excellent course. I learned a lot!! Glenn and Eddie are awesome instructors and made the class interesting and relevant to the real world.” – B.E., Regional Sales Mgr.
- “Glenn and Eddie have been two of the best instructors I have ever had the privilege to train under. The teaching methods used by both were fantastic.” – Cpl. M.R.
“Course was well designed and instructors clearly had command knowledge of subject matter. Glenn kept things interesting with real world examples/videos of dangers of speed in crashes.” – TI D.N.