This course will focus on providing the line officer with specialized training on recognizing modern forms of cannabis as well as detecting the unique impairment clues that are presented by cannabis users. We will provide you with an overview of cannabis physiology, administration routes, durations of effects, and modernization including synthetics.
You will learn about cannabis impairment-related driving cues including video examples of impaired subjects. We will examine field sobriety exercises that reveal behaviors commonly observed and indicators of cannabis impairment, along with a practical review of the lack of convergence and modified Romberg balance exercise.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be better prepared to detect drivers that are impaired by cannabis usage and how to investigate, document, and prepare effective cases for prosecution.
- Recognizing forms of cannabis
- Unique impairment clues presented by cannabis users
- Cannabis physiology, administration routes and duration of effects
- Field sobriety exercises
- How to investigate, document and prepare effective cases for prosecution
Patrol officers, DUI investigators and supervisors, prosecutors - Class is restricted to current, active law enforcement and prosecutors employed by a governmental agency.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “A lot of new information to detect impaired drivers.” – F.K.
- “Great class!! Need more of this training.” – L.T.
- “Excellent course and well presented. Definitely needed in this state of legal/medical marijuana headed our way.” – C.M.
- “Learned about new ways marijuana is being disguised and ingested. Also new things/signs to look for if someone is dabbing or in possession of the drug equipment.” – A.M.
- “Very helpful in relation to working on DUIs.” – J.M.
- “Excellent description of the forms MJ/THC comes in; very eye opening” – A.E.
- “Recommend this course to anyone interested in working DUI.” – R.S.
- “Really in-depth about today’s street drugs.” – W.G.