This course will show you how to teach the DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) course approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. You will learn the proper procedures and available options for teaching the basic SFST course.
Upon successful completion of the course, a complete set of lesson plans, student manuals, DVDs and instructional aides will be given to you.
- Basic instructor techniques
- Overview of alcohol, drugs and highway safety
- Review of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests including horizontal gaze nystagmus
- Proper procedures for conducting drinking exercises
- Practice teaching
- Curriculum revisions
Patrol officers, DUI investigators and supervisors, prosecutors, and law enforcement academy instructors
This class is restricted to active law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys employed by governmental agencies.
To attend this course, you must have successfully completed a course using the NHTSA approved DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) curriculum and be proficient in the administration of standardized field sobriety tests.
What to Bring
- You are required to bring a laptop computer with a USB port.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “Both instructors are very knowledgable about the course. They're both approachable and amazing teachers. They make classroom learning fun again. ” – Ofc. W.D.
- "Overall great course and great instructors." – Sgt. G.S.
- "Honestly, the best class that I have taken in a long time." – Ofc. M.M.
- ."Overall the instructors were outstanding and worked very well with each other. I would highly recommend this course and instructors." – Sgt. P.F.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.