Develop your workforce for your community.
Public safety organizations need an effective way to balance workforce diversity that mirrors the community they serve. Recruiters, hiring managers and administrators face unique challenges in recruiting, hiring and retaining employees. This new three-day course will provided you with effective recruitment strategies and tools that you can immediately implement to recruit, select, and retain qualified officers.
You will learn the basics of developing effective recruiting and hiring programs, retention strategies, the Five Phase Model of Recruitment, legal foundations, practical applications, and reliable ways to effectively create a diverse workforce without sacrificing quality. We also will show you how to overcome hiring challenges in a market that appears to have a diminishing number of talented, suitable applicants.
- The changing workforce
- Recruiting minorities and diversifying the workforce
- Identifying barriers to effective recruiting, selection and hiring
- Selection criteria: Who should you be hiring?
- Recruitment strategies
- Who are your recruiters?
- Do you have a plan?
- Five Phase Model of Recruitment
- Internal analysis
- External analysis
- Strategy development
- The hiring process
- Examining your required screening protocols:
- The written exam
- Physical fitness test
- Oral interviews
- Personal history questionnaire
- Background investigation
- Entry-level assessment center
- Polygraph, medical, and psychological
- Bias in selection and screening protocols
- Legal foundations of HR management
- Consequences of ineffective recruitment, selection and hiring processes
- Minimizing liabilities in the HR process
- Retention strategies
- Practical applications and case study
- Statement analysis/Truth verification
- Non-verbal indicators
- Soliciting a statement
Law enforcement, corrections and public safety personnel, and human resources officials responsible for hiring law enforcement officers
Applicants must be sworn law enforcement officers/agents or law enforcement support personnel employed by a federal, state, local or tribal agency or department who have first-line supervisory responsibilities or who are preparing for advancement to a supervisory position.
IPTM is proud to partner with The Sawgrass Group
to offer this course focused on the needs of today’s
law enforcement professionals.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.