This truly practical course will provide you with the skills to gain high quality information from individuals, no matter what their status might be in the investigation.
- The verbal communication process
- Witness memory enhancement
- Flow of information
- Interviewing process
- Kinesics interview techniques
- Detecting deception
- Videotaping and recording interrogations
- Interview of rape victims
- Interview of child witnesses and victims
- Criminal personality profiling for interviews
- The effective interrogator
- Legal aspects
- Psychology of interrogations
The first three topics will stress the methods you can employ to establish rapport, improve feedback and become more discerning through efficient listening. An examination of the interviewing process will give you a structured interview to expand your ability to obtain accurate information and detect deception.
Through criminal personality profiling, you will be able to more accurately determine the personality type you are confronting and some of the interviewing techniques best suited to elicit information from that individual.
This course focuses on skill development and will enhance your ability to conduct effective interviews and interrogations.
Patrol officers, newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators and military investigative personnel
This class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course "Interviews and Interrogations."
What Our Students Are Saying
- “Mr. Jones is an excellent instructor. The way he teaches invigorated me to go back and apply his lessons in my everyday work. I’ll be a better detective thanks to him. IPTM will be my first stop for future training courses.” – Det. R.G.
- “Interviews are conducted every day and in almost every case. It is good to gain the knowledge of different techniques. I wish I had taken this course earlier in my career. I look forward to taking the advanced training course.” – Det. M. P.
- “The use of real life examples to supplement course work was very beneficial. Great course. Highly recommended. Provides a great framework to continue learning and practicing. Mr. Jones is extremely knowledgeable and presented material using methods that enhanced learning.” – Spec. Agent B.B.
- “This course should be taken by every investigator or any law enforcement detective who does interviews” – Det. L.N.
- “I gained knowledge and tools which I can use to help my investigations as a new deputy. The instructor was very knowledgeable and created a very fun and easy learning environment.” – Det. B.H.
- “Awesome class; learned a lot of information I can use in every aspect of my cases.” – Det. C.D.G.