This truly practical course will provide you with the skills to gain high quality information from individuals, no matter what their status might be in the investigation.
- The verbal communication process
- Witness memory enhancement
- Flow of information
- Interviewing process
- Kinesics interview techniques
- Detecting deception
- Videotaping and recording interrogations
- Interview of rape victims
- Interview of child witnesses and victims
- Criminal personality profiling for interviews
- The effective interrogator
- Legal aspects
- Psychology of interrogations
The first three topics will stress the methods you can employ to establish rapport, improve feedback and become more discerning through efficient listening. An examination of the interviewing process will give you a structured interview to expand your ability to obtain accurate information and detect deception.
Through criminal personality profiling, you will be able to more accurately determine the personality type you are confronting and some of the interviewing techniques best suited to elicit information from that individual.
This course focuses on skill development and will enhance your ability to conduct effective interviews and interrogations.
Patrol officers, newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators and military investigative personnel - Class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course "Interviews and Interrogations."
What Our Students Are Saying
- "One of the best classes that I've had in my 28 year career." – K.C.
- “Great instructor and great course!” – G.C.
- “Mr. Jones’ passion and professionalism made this class a great learning experience. Thank you!” – J.V.
- “This was a very informative class on a new way to conduct interviews. Well taught.” – Dep. R.W.
- “Great class! Looking forward to applying this knowledge in the field.” – Ofc. T.S.
- “Wes was a great instructor. He is knowledgeable about the class. He made this the best class I have had.” – Dep. Sheriff J.B.
- “Instructor is very knowledgeable and has an abundance of information. Very helpful.” – DRE Inst. C.T.
- “Thoroughly enjoyed it. Best training classes I have attended.” – Sgt. C.H.
- “Really enjoyed the experience of this course. Definitely will recommend to others.” – C.O. C.H.