Whether you are the first responder or the lead investigator, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to thoroughly and professionally investigate any possible homicide situation.
We will show you the various types of homicides that you may encounter and common approaches to each. You will learn a systematic process for handling the crime scene, from the initial approach through scene documentation and evidence collection. And, you’ll see how the latest technology and forensic sciences can assist you in your investigation.
Beyond the crime scene, you’ll also learn about criminal profiling, interrogation techniques and how to handle the news media’s involvement.
- Death scene preservation
- Duties of the first officer on the scene
- Investigative procedures at the death scene
- Team approach to death investigations
- Autoerotic death investigations
- Causes and manner of death
- Time of death determination
- Criminal personality profiling
- Organized vs. disorganized crime scenes
- Death scene search techniques
- Handling the news media in death investigations
- Suicide investigations
- Homicide interrogation techniques
Patrol officers, newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators, military investigative personnel
Class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course "Injury and Death Investigation."
What Our Students Are Saying
- “Presenters have a wealth of knowledge and present it in a way that is captivating. They inspire confidence.” – Det. F.R.
- “Being able to actually see the photographs of the scenes and having the instructors walk us through each scene provided me with a better understanding of what actually occurred.” – P.N.
- "Course was well designed and included case examples. Learned methods that can be practically applied immediately.” – J.I.
- “From all my years in law enforcement thus far I rate this class as my best class taken.” – Inv. E.T.
- “Studying different homicide incidents exposed me to additional scenes that I had not experienced.” – Det. L.W.
- “This course has you think outside of the box and was more in-depth than any related course I’ve taken.” – Inv. B.G.
- “This is probably the best outside training I have ever received since employed. If I could go through it again in about six months I would. Great class with great instructors. I leave here with more than I came with. Thank you.” – Master Trooper/Det. T.R.
Scholarship for Florida Officers
As a proud supporter of law enforcement, Accident Cleaners & Restoration is providing a tuition scholarship for one Florida officer for the Aug. 23-27 Homicide Investigation course in Altamonte Springs, and one for the Nov. 29-Dec. 3 course in Jacksonville. For details, visit www.accidentcleaners.com.