To successfully solve violent, sexually motivated crimes, you need to be aware of the criminal personality you are confronting. You also need to be aware of the special investigative skills that are needed to manage and investigate these cases, as well as the proper evidence needed for prosecution.
This course will cover basic and advanced investigative concepts and provide you with the knowledge and skills of an effective sex crime investigator. Students will engage in an in-depth study of the lust murderer, the pedophile, the child molester and the rapist. We will also explore the psychology of the sex offender, as well as the victim, and explain the role physical evidence and the medical examiner’s findings play in the successful investigation and prosecution of these cases.
As these cases are often sensitive in nature, you’ll also learn the principles of victimology in sexual assaults and how to best deal with the victims’ psychological problems. We’ll examine the latest proven techniques for interviewing both adult and child victims suffering the after effects of such a traumatic experience.
- Overview of sexually motivated crimes
- The pedophile vs. the child molester
- The criminal mind and abnormal psychology
- Paraphilia and erotosexual dysfunction
- Exploitation of children, child pornography and sex rings
- Behavioral and personality traits of rapists
- Physical evidence in sex crimes
- Serial and lust murders
- Autoerotic and equivocal death investigations
- Crime scene profiling
Newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators, prosecutors and military investigative personnel
This class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
This training includes graphic images from actual cases.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “I feel taking this class has increased my confidence and knowledge to better conduct sex crimes investigations. Overall, this is the best class I’ve ever taken, it was super fun and interactive. The instructors were knowledgeable and very kind and personable.” – C.A.
- “Instructors made the course enjoyable by having the class interact with practical exercises. Humor was used tastefully and tactfully. Instructors mad a good team and the presentation was awesome.” – Ofc. L.R.
- “It’s good to see instructors with field and advanced education. That allowed for a better understanding of the material. Very eye opening!” – Agt. J.C.
- "Great course I will definitely recommend to fellow law enforcement personnel. The great personalities of the instructors made sensitive topics comfortable and relatable." – Det. Lt. D.M.
- “First time EVER that my attention was kept during the entire class! Instructors were fun and knowledgeable and did a fantastic job!” – Lt. Det. D.L.
- “This was by far the best class/training I’ve experienced in 10 plus years in law enforcement. I will be recommending it to all our detectives.” – Dep. G.C.
- “Really enjoyed this course – great examples, conversation, research and activities. Great teamwork and humor to keep topic as light as it could be.” – Analyst B.P.