The BMCC Learning Express program offers the opportunity to complete a course over a single three-day weekend. Students who live in the Washington, DC area will enjoy taking a deeper dive into the history and culture of their host city.
Join Andrea Seiger, your teacher and author of "111 Places in Washington That You Must Not Miss" guidebook, on an off the track trip through DC. You will visit some little known places and artifacts in Smithsonian museums and in some of DC's diverse neighborhoods - Dupont Circle, U Street, Capitol Hill, or Georgetown. Great stories and characters abound, from how a da Vinci got to the Americas to an underground mural; from slave markets to the Underground Railroad; from entrepreneurs to socialites; and from jazz to Go-Go. You will receive a signed copy of the book to continue your own explorations.This class is specifically designed for au pairs living in the Washington, DC area, but students from other cities are welcome.
Each day students will learn in the classroom and onsite at local attractions.
• Credit for 36 educational hours or 3.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
• There is a pre-assignment for this course. Students will receive their pre-assignment via email one week before the first class.
• Cancellation Policy for the Learning Express program is necessarily different from other Learning Across America courses. For a full refund, students who have registered for class with accommodations must cancel 31 days before the first class date by emailing BMCC at email@example.com.
$329 - Tuition for class without accommodation includes:
• Public transportation pass to get around Washington, DC with your teacher.
• All costs associated with the class. (There are no material fees or activity fees!)
For more information about staying in Washington, DC, click here.