English Conversation for Business and Workplace Success
In this fun and dynamic class you will:
- Act out workplace situations
- Build Vocabulary
- Practice asserting yourself in a business context
- Build confidence in social conversation (crucial to success)
- Review technical writing for resumes and presentations
- Learn how to match yourself to a job posting.
Our online classes consist of a pre-assignment, independent coursework, and final assignment, as well as live online class sessions with your teacher/other au pairs. Credit for J-1 visa students is 36 hours. Students earning J-1 visa credit must attend all sessions and complete all homework.
Students will receive a pre-assignment one week before class begins. Other independent coursework can be completed at your leisure before the deadline one week after online class ends.
With over 15 years of ESL teaching experience, Alexis Tenenbaum is energetic, compassionate, and excited to both teach and learn from her students. She has a master’s degree in Applied Linguistics from the University of Liverpool and a bachelor’s in Criminal Justice from American University. Alexis has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and is passionate about travel.