Texan pride is well known in the United States. This enormous state's history and its diverse population have a fascinating story to tell. Houston, one of the largest cities in the US, shows off this history and culture in amazing ways. In this class, you will learn about the city's founding, the way oil has shaped it, and the incredible diversity and culture of the area. Join us to explore the museum district, underground tunnels, famous green spaces, and learn all about The Lone Star State!
- Public transportation to get around Houston with your teacher
- All costs associated with the class (there are no additional material or activity fees!)
- Please note that neither the cost of airfare to/from Houston nor accommodations are included.
- Upon successful completion of the course students earn credit for 36 educational hours.
- Students will receive a pre-assignment as well as a final project. The pre-assignment will be sent to students one week before the start of class. The final project will be due one week after the last class meeting date.
Students who attend all classes and complete all the coursework will receive a certificate via email 10 days after the final class session.