In this interactive online class, you will learn all elements of the core features of the Unity engine.
Prepare for the Unity Certified Associate Game Developer exam. You will develop the skills needed
to be able to produce interactive mobile applications and more, such as:
- Creating and manipulating 3D assets
- Working with textures, materials and shaders
- Applying basic Lighting inc. light types, baked vs real-time, reflection probes
- C# programming fundamentals
- Working in 2D with sprites and UI elements
- Implementing audio-visual elements inc. 3D sound, embedded and streaming videos
- Building content suitable for mobile app deployment
Prerequisites: Proficient IT skills and basic knowledge of user interactivity. Familiarity with working in 3D space using tools such as 3DS Max, and basic programming fundamentals would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Stable internet connection
- Hardware: Laptop or Workstation with a mouse, preferably a second monitor or a tablet, headset with microphone. CPU: SSE2 instruction set support. GPU: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.
- Software: OS: Windows 7 SP1+, 8, 10, 64-bit versions only; macOS 10.12+; Unity 2019.4LTS and Unity Hub installed on the machine; Click here for Unity 2019.4 system requirements.
NOTICE: Course tuition is subsidized by City Council.