The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT) and is ideal if you're considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Prove that you know today's technologies with CompTIA IT Fundamentals. From networking and cybersecurity essentials to hardware and software basics, IT Fundamentals demonstrates your readiness for the digital workplace.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT). It's ideal if you're considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can also be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
What you will learn
- Identify and understand the purpose of computer components
- Compare and contrast different connector types
- Compare and contrast Operating Systems and their functions and features
- Define and identify basic security threats
- Understand how to implement the best IT and security practices
- Perform proper steps to set up a basic workstation
- Describe the importance and impact of various environmental and safety concepts
How you will benefit
- Understand network essentials
- Communicate effectively when discussing IT basics
- Learn software and hardware management practices
- Gain essential IT knowledge for a career in the IT and related field(s)
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.