This course will prepare you for a career as a network technician and qualify you to take the CompTIA™ Network+ certification exam (N10-008). The certification is vendor-neutral and will give you the skills you need to install and manage basic network infrastructure. You'll master a variety of networking concepts and gain a fundamental knowledge of network design, security, cloud computing, and routing and switching.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Cert Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Building and maintaining networks are among the most important skills to have as an IT professional. Whether you're new to the field or ready to move forward in your career, a CompTIA Network+ certification course could be a great next step. This certification confirms that you have the knowledge you need to configure and troubleshoot both wireless and wired hardware. You'll stand out among other job candidates when you gain the experience this online course provides and earn this valuable credential.
In the course, you'll learn the fundamentals you need to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-008) and start a career as a network technician. With its comprehensive curriculum, you'll master basic networking concepts and learn about network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics, and common security practices.
This course utilizes a Network+ lab simulator so you can have the opportunity to have hands-on experience working with networking configurations and troubleshooting instances, a key component to the CompTIA Network+ N10-008 certification exam. The lab software is available to download and install on your Windows or macOS computer. These labs will improve your practical skills in configuring operating systems and network devices as well as better understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the CompTIA Network+ (N10-008) certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Course Introduction
- Course Overview and Required Components
- Interactive Mastery Study Guide
- Official CompTIA Net+ Certification Exam Objectives (N10-008)
- Getting Started
- Section 1: The OSI Model
- OSI Layers, Ports, and Protocols
- Network Components & Topologies
- Network Topologies, Types, and Technologies
- WAN Technologies
- Logical and Physical Topologies
- Identifying Topologies
- Discovering Network Components and Locations
- Deploying Appropriate Cable Solutions
- IP Addressing
- Ethernet Switching
- IP Routing and Forwarding
- Identifying TCP/IP Misconfigurations
- Network Devices
- Ports, Protocols, and Network Services
- Virtualization and Network Storage
- Cloud Concepts and Purposes
- Device Placement and Configuration
- Network Device Locations
- Advance Network Devices
- Routing, Bandwidth, and Switching
- Defining Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Identifying Network Descriptions
- Wireless Technologies, Configurations, and Security
- Identifying Antenna Types
- Matching Wireless Standards & Maximum Speeds
- Defining Security Standards
- Identify Policies and Best Practices
- Ensuring Network Availability
- Network Diagrams and Documentation
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Defining Redundancy Protocols
- Basic Wireless Network Security
- Security Concepts and Attacks
- Defining Network Attacks
- Scanning, Monitoring, and Patching
- Remote Access Methods
- Physical Security and Network Attacks
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting
- Networking & Cabling Problems
- Identifying Network Testing Tools
- Defining Physical Layer Issues
- Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Tools, Commands, and Performance
- Troubleshooting Wireless Issues
- Troubleshooting General and Common Issues
What you will learn
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices.
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies.
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security.
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization.
How you will benefit
- Equip yourself for a career in networking
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-008)
- Receive a certificate of completion and add this course to your resume to confirm your expertise
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners.
Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients.
Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.