This CDL Training Class A Truck Driver program provides the optimal balance between classroom learning and on the road training to better prepare students for the CDL exam. Class sizes are small and experienced instructors will provide you with insight into what it's like to be a truck driver.
- *Be 18 or older if obtaining a CDL-A license. (Under 21 can drive in NYS only)
- Have a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Be a resident of New York.
- Be able to prove your legal presence in the United States and show your Social Security card.
- Have sufficient ability to read and speak English.
- Be able to successfully pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug test, and have a driving record that meets criteria. Drivers must be at least 21 years old to drive across state lines.
- Have the ability to drive safely, regardless of weather or time of day.
- Be comfortable operating heavy machinery.
Includes materials, enrollment checks (driving record, drug test, and physical), and road testing fee (up to three attempts included) with the state or a third party tester. Learner's permit fee and final licensing fee to the state are not included. Scholarships are available for eligible students.
Student will prepare to pass the written test for the CDL learner permit and CDL road test, including inspecting and operating vehicle safely and competently.
Upcoming start dates: 2/6/23, 3/6/23, 4/3/23, 5/1/23