ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course begins with a welcome message and an overview of the Specialization. After this introduction, you will be asked to take a proficiency test to see if this course is right for you.
During the course, you will begin learning vocabulary and customs related to socializing and networking in English. The goal is to enable you to interact with business contacts in person, on the phone and over email in a professional way.
Course Learning Objectives
• Determine whether the objectives of this Specialization align with your learning goals
• Evaluate your current level of proficiency in business English communication
• Present relevant information about yourself in a discussion forum
• Develop your networking skills
• Write short emails with appropriate formatting
• Recognize and produce formal and informal language in emails
• Develop vocabulary related to jobs and companies
Difficulty Level: INTERMEDIATE
Estimated Learning Time: 4 hours
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN:
Extension Lecturer, International & English Language Programs
UW Educational Outreach