ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is intended to help you become a better manager by helping you more fully understand and deal with the complexities and challenges associated with managerial life in organizations. You will learn theories, principles, and frameworks that will help you more effectively manage and lead your organizations.
You will be able to:
- Analyze common managerial challenges and develop solutions to these challenges
- Use power effectively and strategically to implement organizational change
- Understand the foundations of organizational culture and decision-making
- Navigate common decision-making pitfalls and ethical challenges
- Apply principles of organization management to common challenges of management
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.
Estimated Learning Time: 12 hours
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN:
Leadership and Management
Strategy and Operations
E. Geoffrey Love
Department of Business Administration, Gies College of Business