This course provides the 45 hours or 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required by the CDA Council to fulfill and renew your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
What you will learn
- Learn about childcare business management, organizational leadership, and educational programming
- Examine crucial topics for continuing education in the field of childcare
- Review the material needed to fulfill the requirements for renewing your CDA credential
- Discover the best practices for working with children and their families
- Learn how to create and implement individualized education plans
- Understand how to assess childhood development and identify special needs
How you will benefit
- Renew your Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials online in the comfort of your own home
- Work at your own pace in a flexible, self-directed online learning environment
- Fulfill a CDA requirement easily and affordably
- Benefit from a convenient course designed especially for working adult students
- Gain the training you need to master the best practices for working with young children and their families
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course provides the 45 hours or 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required by the CDA Council to fulfill and renew your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. This course is selected from the eight CDA competency areas to provide a breadth of knowledge, and they support the requirements for renewing your certification for Associates original settings, age-level endorsement, and specialization.
- Forty-Five Hour Credential Renewal Catalog
- Learning Through Play (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Teaching Basic Social Skills (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Learning My A,B,Cs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Teaching Preschool Math Using Manipulatives (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Use of Puppetry and Plays (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Anger Management for Adults (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Autism Awareness (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Workplace Communication (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Circle Time (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Confidentiality (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Development and Use of Individualized Education Plans (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Routines and Transitions (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Creating Teachable Moments: The Value of Classroom Décor (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Social Skills for School-Age Children (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Supporting Cultural Diversity in Early Childhood Education (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Assessing Preschoolers With Special Needs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Assessing School-Age Children With Special Needs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Media and Childhood Development (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Understanding Attention-Deficit Disorders (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- HIV/AIDS Awareness (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Children's Immunizations (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Infectious Diseases (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Whooping Cough (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in teaching.