CompTIA™ A+ certification is the industry standard for validating the skills of entry-level computer technicians. It opens the door to an exciting career in computer technology, and this online course makes training convenient and interactive.
What you will learn
- Understand basic PC hardware and its functions
- Learn the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes for most devices
- Master the setup and installation of various operating systems
- Learn how to manage desktop and mobile devices
How you will benefit
- Prepare to take CompTIA 220-1001 and 220-1002 certification exams
- Become proficient in various technical processes so you can work for a variety of clients and employers
- Begin the path toward a successful IT career or professionally grow in a current career
- Understand the fundamental language of the IT world to better communicate with coworkers, employers, and clients
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
This course will prepare you for CompTIA A+ certification. You can earn this certification after you pass two exams. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1001, covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
CompTIA™ A+ Certification is vendor neutral and internationally recognized, giving you a competitive advantage no matter what country you're working in and what hardware you're working with.
This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying CompTIA™ certification exams (CompTIA 220-1001 and 220-1002) upon completion of the course and eligibility. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers.
- CompTIA A+ (220-1001)
- Desktop Assembly
- Laptop Assembly
- Hardware Part II
- Cooling and Power
- Hard Drives
- Storage Devices
- Supporting Devices
- Installing Devices
- Network Connections
- Router Setup
- Local Networking
- Mobile and More
- Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Security
- CompTIA A+ (220-1002)
- Windows Interfaces and Tools
- Additional Interfaces and Tools
- Windows Installation
- Additional Installations
- Command Lines & Remote Desktop
- Solving Problems
- Solving Additional Problems
- Boot Process & Startup
- Re-installing & Common Issues
- Securing Windows
- Sharing Windows Resources
- Securing Resources
- Malicious Software & Best Practices
- Mac & Linux
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.