This online SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner course is an ideal course for individuals interested in advancing their knowledge of information and systems security.
What you will learn
- Understand the dynamics of data communication
- Learn how to identify and mitigate malicious codes such as viruses, Trojans, logic bombs, social engineering, insider threats, data theft, DDoS, spoofing, Phishing, Pharming, and spam
- Explore authentication and access control methods
- Become familiar with identity management and cloud computing concepts
How you will benefit
- Become prepared to take the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) exam
- Jump-start your career as an information security analyst, computer systems analyst, security management specialist, or computer user support specialist
- Learn the skills needed to begin a career in the technology sector, or further your knowledge if you're already employed
- Understand the ethical responsibilities of a network administrator so you're better equipped to make decisions on the job
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
The world of IT security is fast-paced and exciting, with the potential for high earnings—but it can also be competitive. To stay ahead, you'll need a certification like the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), a premier credential that is ideal for those wanting to begin or advance a career in computer networking or security. This online SSCP course will prepare you for this industry-recognized certification, as well as a career in the information technology sector.
The SSCP is one of the best cybersecurity certifications you can earn, especially as an entry-level professional. An SSCP exam prep course is a great way to ensure you have the knowledge to succeed—and that you can prove it to your employer. This course will also prepare you for a career as a network administrator or security administrator, and help you stay up-to-date on your skills if you already work in the IT sector.
- Access Controls and Security Operations
- Access Control
- Security Operations
- Monitoring and Incident Recovery
- Risk Identification
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Communication Security
- Systems and Application Security
- Security in Systems and Applications
- Course Completion
- Final Exam
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.