CompTIA™ Certification Training: A+, Network+, Security+ provides a comprehensive foundation for IT professionals, incorporating CompTIA™ A+, CompTIA™ Network+, and CompTIA™ Security+ specific training, and prepares you for the corresponding industry exams that are desirable for IT professionals.
What you will learn
- Learn the fundamentals of IT
- Discover how to build and manage a data network
- Understand how to troubleshoot networking issues
- Learn about routing and switching, risk assessment, and data recovery
- Practice concepts that will enable you to prepare for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
- Jumpstart your career in Information Technology by gaining knowledge and certifications that will enhance your resume and set you apart from other applicants
- Gain experience that will be invaluable if you choose to pursue a career as an IT specialist, tech support administrator, network installer, security consultant, or network administrator
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device. The Online Lab System is compatible with PC and Mac computers as well. You will be provided detailed instructions for setting-up a home virtual lab system.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
- Network+ Guide to Networks
An important way you can demonstrate your knowledge and skillset to potential employers in information technology is through CompTIA certifications. The A+, Network+, and Security+ credentials are the best CompTIA certifications to have in order to jumpstart or advance your IT career. If you're interested in the often flexible and well-paid opportunities of IT and cyber security jobs, get started today with CompTIA certification training.
This course will prepare you for three CompTIA IT certifications that are ideal for entry-level and mid-level professionals: A+, Network+ and Security+. The CompTIA certifications are the most-recognized, vendor-neutral credentials in the industry, and will assure employers that you have the skills they need.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the following exams: CompTIA A+ Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002, CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-007, and CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-601. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying exams upon eligibility.
At the end of this CompTIA training, you'll also be proficient in basic cyber security concepts such as attacks and mitigation, security applications, risk assessment, disaster recovery and incident response, cloud computing, mobile devices, BYOD and SCADA, in addition to vulnerability assessment.
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1001
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1002
- Mac & Linux
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-501
- Security Attacks and Cryptography
- Security and Networking
- Securing Networks and Clients
- Mobile Security and Access Management
- Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.