This in-depth course will teach you how to use SQL to build applications and helps you master SQL using an Oracle database. You will also build a foundational understanding of programming in Python.
What you will learn
- To build applications or generate business reports using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- To master SQL using an Oracle database
- To use PL/SQL extension language to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database
- How Python works and what it's good for
- To understand Python's place in the world of programming languages
How you will benefit
- Prepare for an entry-level job as a Python programmer and/or Oracle SQL developer
- Enhance your programming ability and add a new skill to your resume
- Become more confident in your ability to use the Python programming language
- Set yourself apart from competitors by taking a challenging course in PL/SQL development
- This course must be taken on a PC. Mac is not compatible.
- Dual monitors are helpful but not required.
- Windows 10 or later (not the Home Edition).
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Whether you're new to programming or just want to learn a new language, this in-depth online course will teach you the ins and outs of Oracle SQL and programming in Python. You will start coding quickly while learning from readings, presentations, exercises, and a final project. By course completion, you will have the skills you need to enter the job market as an entry-level Oracle programmer or Python programmer.
- Oracle SQL
- Relational Database Basics
- Creating Tables
- Basic Selects
- Oracle SQL Functions
- Aggregate Functions
- Set Operators
- Conditional Processing with CASE
- Data Manipulation Language
- Creating Views
- Oracle PL/SQL
- PL/SQL Basics
- Conditional Processing
- Introduction to Python
- Python Basics
- Functions and Modules
- Python Strings
- Iterables: Sequences, Dictionaries, and Sets
- Virtual Environments, Packages, and pip
- Flow Control
- Exception Handling
- Python Dates and Times
- File Processing
- PEP8 and Pylint
- Advanced Python
- Advanced Python Concepts
- Regular Expressions
- Working with Data
- Testing and Debugging
- Classes and Objects
- Python Data Analysis with NumPy and pandas
Nat Dunn founded Webucator in 2003 to combine his passion for technical training with his business expertise and to help companies benefit from both. His previous experience was in sales, business and technical training, and management. Nat has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in International Relations from Pomona College.