This combined online course is the perfect way to master Oracle programming. You'll work with SQL, PL/SQL, Java, and Python programming as you learn to write advanced queries and generate business reports.
What you will learn
- Learn SQL to build applications or generate business reports
- Master SQL using an Oracle database
- Learn PL/SQL extension language to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database
- Understand most Java syntax elements, concentrating on fundamental and universally useful elements, while providing an overview of many more advanced elements
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself for entry into the job market as a Java or Python programmer, or an entry-level Oracle SQL Developer
- Become a master of Oracle SQL development with Java and Python programming and list your skills on your resume
- Advance your programming skills regardless if you're new to the industry or a seasoned programmer
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Dual monitors are helpful but not required.
- Windows 10 or later (not the Home Edition). See this page for the required specs of the operating system.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) 12c or 18c - Free edition of Oracle RDBMS (download and installation instructions are provided in course).
- Oracle SQL Developer - The client interface for connecting to Oracle (download and installation instructions are provided in course).
- Anaconda (download and installation instructions are provided in course).
- Java (download and installation instructions are provided in course).
- Visual Studio Code (download and installation instructions are provided in course).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course will teach you how to use SQL to build applications and generate business reports, master SQL using an Oracle database, and learn PL/SQL extension language to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database. You will also learn to write useful Java classes, applying Object-Oriented concepts such as inheritance, and create Java programs that work with these classes. The introductory section will show you how Python works and what it's good for. You will also gain an understanding of Python's place in the wider programming world.
You will begin coding quickly after starting the course. Afterwards, you'll move on to advanced methods in which you'll learn how to work with iPhone Notebook, the Collections Module, regular expressions, databases, CSV files, JSON, and XML. You will also learn advanced sorting, how to write object-oriented code in Python, and how to test and debug their Python code. In the last section, you get a rapid introduction to NumPy, pandas, and matplotlib, which are Python libraries. This course will prepare you for entry into the job market as a Java or Python programmer or an entry-level Oracle SQL Developer or allow you to take on more responsibility using new skills gained in a current job.
- Oracle SQL
- Relational Database Basics
- Creating Tables
- Basic Selects
- Oracle SQL Functions
- Aggregate Functions
- Set Operators
- Conditional Processing with CASE
- Data Manipulation Language
- Creating Views
- Oracle PL/SQL
- PL/SQL Basics
- Conditional Processing
- Introduction to Python
- Python Basics
- Functions and Modules
- Python Strings
- Iterables: Sequences, Dictionaries, and Sets
- Virtual Environments, Packages, and pip
- Flow Control
- Exception Handling
- Python Dates and Times
- File Processing
- PEP8 and Pylint
- Advanced Python
- Advanced Python Concepts
- Regular Expressions
- Working with Data
- Testing and Debugging
- Classes and Objects
- Python Data Analysis with JupyterLab
- Java Programmer
- Java Introduction
- Java Basics
- Java Objects
- Comparisons And Flow Control Structures
- Generics and Collections
- Inner Classes
Nat Dunn founded Webucator in 2003 to combine his passion for technical training with his business expertise and to help companies benefit from both. His previous experience was in sales, business and technical training, and management. Nat has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in International Relations from Pomona College.