This engaging, hands-on course covers the key areas of information security and will prepare you for the CISSP exam.
What you will learn
- Learn how to handle security and risk management
- Understand asset security
- Know how to implement security engineering
- Realize best practices for communications and network security
- Master identity and access management
How you will benefit
- Become prepared to work as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Gain hands-on experience in the information/cyber security industry
- Begin a career in information security or broaden your skills if you're already working
- Become more efficient on the job and better able to identify risks
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CISSP Guide to Security Essentials
In today's online world, information security has become a critical part of virtually every organization—no matter the industry. The demand for information security professionals is expected to surge, as the forces of "good" and "bad" continue to battle for control and use of online information. You can join the side for "good" when you earn your Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. Earning your CISSP is a must for cyber security professionals who want to get ahead in this important field.
This Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) course is an engaging, fully online course that provides in-depth instruction in key areas related to information/cyber security.
- Security and Risk Management
- Security Governance
- Security Policies
- Business Continuity
- Legal and Regulatory
- Professional Ethic
- Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Information Classification
- Handling Requirements
- Data Security Controls
- Protect Privacy
- Security Engineering
- Security Models
- Security Designs
- Engineering Processes
- Embedded Devices
- Site Design and Security
- Communication and Network Security
- Network Architecture Design
- Network Components
- Communication Channels
- Network Attacks
- Identity and Access Management
- Physical and Logical Assets Control
- Identification and Authentication
- Third-Party Identity Services
- Identity as a Service
- Provisioning Lifecycle
- Authorization Mechanisms
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Assessment and Test Strategies
- Test Outputs
- Security Control Testing
- Security Process Data
- Security Architectures
- Security Operations
- Foundational Security Operations Concepts
- Logging, Monitoring and Investigating Activities
- Provisioning of Resources
- Management Processes
- Physical Security
- Preventative Measures
- Business Continuity
- Software Development Security
- Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Development Environment Security Controls
- Software Security Effectiveness
- Software Security Impact
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.