The Medical Interpreter training course prepares you to work in hospitals, medical offices and in any healthcare environment where a Spanish interpreter is needed. In addition, the Medical Interpreter training course prepares you to sit in any of the Medical Interpreting examinations available in the country. This course is language specific – Spanish/English.
You will acquire the three interpreting skills – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation. You will learn the proper transfer of medical terminology into Spanish, divided into the different areas in a hospital and medical specialties. Intensive online interpreting laboratory practices are included in this training course.
What you will learn
- Develop best practice interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation
- Learn medical terminology in both Spanish and English and the corresponding transfer into the opposite language
- Understand protocol when interpreting for a Spanish-speaking patient
- Master the code of ethics of the medical interpreter
- Study the necessary material to sit in any Spanish Medical Interpreter examination
- Develop professionalism, accuracy, and a mastery of cross-cultural differences
How you will benefit
- Prepare for a job as a certified or non-certified medical interpreter
- Become ready to successfully take the medical interpreter certification exam
- Master medical terminology in both Spanish and English and take these language skills to any medical-related job
- Access the course's online laboratory to practice your skills
You must speak English and Spanish fluently. There is no requirement regarding formal education in either Spanish or English. However, you must be able to speak English and Spanish without any hesitations.
You should be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. You should be comfortable in a Windows or Mac environment, and have the ability to launch and close activities.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
| Estimated Time of Completion
For Additional Information Visit: https://careertraining.ed2go.com/nu/training-programs/medical-interpreter/