You will be introduced to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. You will also be prepared to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam.
What you will learn
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console
- Understand foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam at the completion of the course
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You will be introduced to Amazon Web Services (AWS) products, services, and common solutions. You will be provided with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make well-informed decisions about IT solutions based on business requirements. Upon completion of this course you will be prepared to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. You will then learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. AWS System Operations is a course for System Administrators and Developer Operations personnel and will cover the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems. This course includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Introduction and History of AWS
- AWS Foundational Services: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Databases: RDS, DynamoDB
- AWS Management Tools: Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Trusted Advisor
- AWS System Operations
- System Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
Raymond Lacoste has dedicated his career to developing the skills of others. His 17 years in the industry allow him to pull from experience in the areas of Amazon, Cisco, and Microsoft. For the last 8 years he focused primarily on advanced IT instruction. He is also the Cisco Press author of the TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide. Raymond is a voracious learner and is constantly studying new technologies. To date he has passed over 100 exams. His certification wall includes various certificates from Amazon, Cisco, Microsoft, ISC2, ITIL, and CompTIA. Over the past years he has also been awarded, on numerous occasions, the Cisco Sirius Top Quality Instructor Award and the Cisco Instructor Excellent Award.