This course prepares you for the American Society for Quality certification, the internationally recognized credential for validating expertise in planning, conducting, and reporting quality audits as it reviews the subject areas of the Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) Book of Knowledge.
What you will learn
- Learn quality management and leadership: the philosophies and foundations of quality, its leadership principles and techniques, and proven communication skills.
- Develop the quality management system (QMS): its design and documentation, standards and guidelines, quality training and auditing, and the cost of quality (COQ).
- Design of products, processes, and services: classification of characteristics, verification and validation, and reliability and maintainability.
- Learn critical skills required to implement effective product and process control, including acceptance sampling, material control, metrology, and measurement system analysis.
- Master the quantitative tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement, from lean and corrective action to kaizen and Six Sigma.
- Understand how to summarize data, draw statistical conclusions, analyze distributions, test hypotheses, perform capability studies, and design and execute experiments.
- Be fluent in risk management: its oversight, assessment, control, auditing, and testing.
How you will benefit
- Preparation for an internationally recognized credential, American Society for Quality certification
- Certified Quality Engineers (CQE) earn an average of almost $10,000 more than those who are not certified
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
In this course, you will learn the standard fundamentals and competencies of quality engineering, including development and operation of quality control systems, applications of testing and inspection procedures, and administering management information systems. Additionally, this course will cover human factors and motivation, quality cost concepts, metrology, and statistical methods of diagnosis and correction. It will also prepare for the Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification. This course also includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
The course reviews all the topics in the CQE Body of Knowledge (BoK) so that you can reinforce your current knowledge, review concepts and applications that may not be used in everyday work, and enhance your exam preparation process. It begins with a pretest that you can use to identify areas of study to focus on. The content is arranged in the order of the BoK and built to prepare you at the appropriate Bloom's, or cognitive, level. The content includes illustrations where applicable, examples, and progress check questions. A post-test is also included—compare your pretest and post-test results to verify improvement in your scores after you've completed the course materials. Note that the questions in this product are not actual ASQ exam questions. Your performance on the exam simulation is for study purposes only, and may or may not reflect performance on an actual certification exam.
Whether you are new to the field or you are a quality engineer looking to prepare for the ASQ certification exam, the ASQ-Certified Quality Engineer course is an excellent choice for growing your career.
- Management and Leadership
- Quality Philosophies and Foundations
- The Quality Management System (QMS)
- ASQ Code of Ethics for Professional Conduct
- Leadership Principles and Techniques
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
- Barriers to Quality Improvement
- The Quality System
- Elements of a Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
- Product and Process Design
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Technical Drawings and Specifications
- Design Verification
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Product and Process Control
- Material Control
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement and Test
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
- Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Quantitative Concepts
- Probability Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Relationships Between Variables
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Process and Performance Capability
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Risk Management
- Risk Oversight
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Control
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.