The National School Foundation Association (NSFA) and National University have partnered to develop a certificate program in education foundation leadership for NSFA members. A certificate of completion will be issued by National University to an individual who successfully finishes the course work, allowing NSFA to confer the formal certificate. This is the only education foundation leadership certificate program available internationally.
The Education Foundation Leadership Certificate explores the unique organizational requirements and skills needed to run a successful public education foundation nonprofit. You may register for one course or all six courses within the certificate. Please sign-in and add each course you would like to register to your cart before checking out.
- Examine components of strategic planning principals, program evaluation, volunteer management, liaison and support of the school district, constituent alliance, balancing the four entities of programs, administration, development, and marketing/public relations.
- Apply the unique organizational requirements of a non-profit as they relate to governing documents, legal, and IRS requirements.
- Analyze the sources of data, practices, and reports associated with financial management.
- Utilize skills and strategies necessary to execute resource development and marketing.
- Execute practices that enhance board effectiveness and leadership.
- Understand the general organizational concepts and terminology of school district operations.
| Courses Included in the Program
All courses are offered online in a one-course-per-month format that provides concentrated learning so students can complete a full course in a single month. Students who complete this certifi cate program may be eligible for the NSFA designation of a "Certifi ed Education Foundation Leader" (CEFL).
- Org Planning & Leadership (June 2020)
- Legal Requirements (July 2020)
- Financial Management (August 2020)
- Resource Development & Marketing (September 2020)
- Board Development (October 2020)
- Education Collaboration (November 2020)
| Course Materials and Grading
All course materials are contained within the course; no additional textbooks are required. This course is a non-credit course, graded on an “S” (Satisfactory) or “U” (Unsatisfactory) grading basis. To receive an “S” you must achieve a 70% or higher.
Students who have accessed the course are not eligible for a refund.
Students who have not accessed the course are eligible for a refund, if a request to drop is submitted by the 9th calendar day after the course begins. Please email WESTraining@nu.edu for additional information. Refunds can take between 5 – 15 business days.