QCC’s Office of Continuing Education & Workforce Development is offering 11th and 12th grade students the opportunity to prepare for one of the tech industry’s most sought-after certifications – AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. Learn the basics in cloud computing, enhance your technical skills and train for one of the most sought-after certifications in the field today - for FREE! In this course, students will learn the skills necessary to take the AWS exam along with content from a QCC course – Database Data Driven Websites.
This course is open to any interested 11th or 12th grader who preferably has some previous experience in computer programming. Students should have a general interest in learning cloud computing.
Topics to be covered:
- What the AWS Cloud is and its basic global infrastructure
- Basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases
- Basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Billing, account management and pricing models
- How to identify sources of documentation or technical assistance
- How to describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
- Backend development for data-driven websites
- How to create a data-driven website
- Additional topics such as: SQL, NOSQL, industry standard web frameworks, responsive web design, server side data input & validation, source and revision control.