Are you traveling to Prague? Would you like to develop closer relationships with Czech relatives and friends or explore business opportunities? This is a great class for you! This course focuses on developing Czech listening and speaking skills with emphasis on conversation. Topics include greetings, introductions, transportation, traveling, accommodations, food and culture. This is an online course created by our local instructor, Silvie Opatrná Johanson. You will use Zoom video conferencing and the Canvas learning management system to connect with your instructor and classmates, and to access course content throughout the quarter. A portion of this course may be recorded for shared learning and review in this course only, and all recordings will be deleted after the end of the course. Personal computer with a camera and microphone is required. Learn basic Czech from the comfort of your own home!
- Learn practical vocabulary and basic grammar that will enable you to have a simple conversation
- Practice pronunciation
- Gain learning techniques to help you learn and remember what you learned
- Gain experience in speaking with other students
- Be able to read and pronounce words to use as a building block to learn new words after the course
- Get tips and tools for communicating while traveling
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in learning Czech with no previous experience
- People planning to travel to the Czech Republic who would like to enhance their experience greatly by having some language ability
- People with Czech relatives who would like to be able to converse with them