How often do you think about ethical considerations for translators and interpreters? In this class, you will have the opportunity to explore some of the most discussed and important concerns and code of ethics on a personal and industry level. We will also explore how to determine fees, best business practices in this industry, and how to find a job. Become more familiar with the field and prepare yourself for the further study in translation and interpretation!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and understand code of ethics provided by professional organizations in the industry
- Find the best possible solutions for ethical concerns and challenges on a personal level
- Understand confidentiality, and conflicts of interest
- Know how to determine fees
- Be familiar with the best and common business practice as a professional translator and interpreter
- Know how to find and connect with translation/interpreting service agencies for future business opportunities
- Build strategies and plan to start and market yourself as a professional translator and interpreter
- Know how to maintain constructive business relationships with business partners in the T&I industry
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and the ability to comprehend English and another spoken language at an educated near-native level. Successful completion of Translation and Interpretation: Basic is strongly recommended. No previous translation and/or interpretation experience required. This class requires a minimum age of 18. No textbook is required.
- Bilinguals and multilinguals who are pursuing to become a professional translator or interpreter
- Anyone who would like to start their own freelance business in the T&I indus