Research shows that anyone who has successfully defended themselves in an attack had a few things in common. They recognized the threatening situation quickly, clearly defended their boundaries, and used physical means when it was necessary. During this comprehensive self-defense course, learn to recognize potentially unsafe situations and protect yourself with confidence.
Discover the ploys and manipulation commonly used by attackers or people who seek to harm you. Learn and practice releases from common grabs. Discover how to use your body language and voice to deter attacks. Learn how you can assess risks to defuse, deescalate or evade before a physical assault ever happens.
This is a progressive skill-building course. Come prepared to challenge yourself and enjoy the self confidence you will gain!
Participants will gain a basic understanding of personal safety and self-defense in order to:
- Recognize “red flags” that someone may mean harm
- Use their “exit strategy” skills to thwart intended harm
- Use physical skills to disable an attacker and escape, if necessary
- Seek support and appropriate self-care after an intended assault
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who wishes to learn everyday personal safety and self-defense skills