Learn basic Chinese! In this weekly class, you will learn basic Chinese characters, vocabulary and expressions commonly used in everyday life. Practice pronunciation, tones, reading and writing as well as essential grammar. This class will prepare you to build basic Chinese conversational skills in familiar topics. You will also have the opportunity explore traditional and modern Chinese cultures. No prior knowledge and experience is required. Required textbook: Integrated Chinese 4th Edition, Volume 1 Textbook (Simplified Chinese), ISBN: 9781622911356.
By completing this class, you will:
- be able to read, write, pronounce, speak and listen to basic Chinese
- identify first essential action words
- write and read basic Chinese characters
- learn daily vocabulary and expressions in real life situations
- read and comprehend short passages written in Chinese characters
- practice sounds, tones and grammatical constructions
- explore traditional and modern Chinese cultures outside/inside the U.S
Integrated Chinese 4th Edition, Volume 1 Textbook (Simplified Chinese), ISBN: 9781622911356.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who is interested in Chinese language and culture.
- Travelers, business people, friends and family of Chinese speakers, and anyone else wanting to learn Chinese.
- This class is a perfect choice for people who have never learned or have a very limited knowledge of the language -- no prior knowledge or experience is required.