Tai Chi is a health sustaining exercise and a tool for improved body awareness. Practiced by the elderly for balance and circulation and the young for relaxation and martial arts, it is a wonderful holistic activity for all ages.
During this class, you'll learn:
- the Yang Tai Chi short form, which is comprised of 35 individual movements
- Chi Kung, a warm-up exercise and relaxation activity with 18 movements
- elements of Chinese Medical Philosophy, such as Yin/Yang theory and Five Elements transformation
- the basics of Taoist philosophy
We'll focus on learning the entire Yang short form, and you'll receive guidance in developing your own regular practice at home.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- learn basic warm-up stretches to improve your overall movement
- discover the Yang-style short form of Tai Chi
- practice the Yang-style under the direction of an expert instructor
- gain knowledge about the history and background of Tai Chi
Who Should Take this Class?
- Individuals seeking a low-impact exercise routine
- Anyone interested in improving their coordination and balance
- People interested in developing their focus, relaxation and overall wellness