A Very High Frequency (VHF) marine radio is an essential piece of equipment for every boater for safety and navigation. Knowing how to use it correctly can be confusing, but it won't be after taking this class! In this course, you will learn how to operate your VHF radio with confidence.
Even in the cell phone era, your VHF radio should be your go-to device in an emergency for monitoring your surroundings and for communicating with other boats. We will cover all the basics so you will be ale to use your radio knowledgeably and effectively. Learn which channels to use in various situations. Explore how to make and receive routine and emergency radio calls, following proper radio protocol and etiquette.
Gain the knowledge you need to use your VHF radio in any situation and with confidence.
In this class you will learn:
- which channels to use in different situations
- how to make and receive routine and emergency radio calls
- how to make your transmissions clear and understandable
- how to follow proper radio protocol and etiquette
- proper use of EPIRB and SARTs for marine rescue
Who Should Take This Class?
- Recreational boaters
- Anyone interested in learning proper routine and emergencey use of a marine radio