Understanding currents and tides is key to safe, enjoyable boating in Puget Sound and the Salish Sea. Whether you're a day sailor or long-distance cruiser, this class will help you understand the forces that drive currents and tides and give you insights on how to navigate them in local waters.
The dramatic landscape of the Salish Sea makes for beautiful scenery, but it also creates some especially challenging sea conditions. Learn how to predict the tides and currents and how to read current charts and tide tables. We will also discuss how weather affects tides and currents.
Please bring a copy of Tidal Currents of Puget Sound, by David Burch , ISBN 0914025163 ($20).
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- predict Salish Sea tides and currents
- read current charts and tide tables
- be familiar with various tools and resources available
- understand how weather affects tides and currents
Who Should Take This Class?
- Recreational boaters
- Anyone interested in learning about tides and currents, especially in Puget Sound and the Salish Sea