Continue gaining more advanced hands-on experience in translation in this hands-on class. Advance your skills in translating, editing, proofreading and localizing a variety of texts. Advance your linguistic research skills and learn how to efficiently produce a high-quality client-ready translation.
This course will help you apply your translation skills to enhance the quality, speed, and accuracy of your translation assignments.
Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation: Translation Skills I (Spanish/English) class is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a client-ready translation with consistent terminology
- Self-edit and proofread effectively with a variety of texts
- Perform more advanced linguistic and terminological research
- Complete translation assignments of more complex texts within the set production time frame
- Self-evaluate the quality of a translation
- Collaborate with a translation team incorporating translation steps
- Reflect on criticism from other translators in order to improve the quality of translation
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and the ability to comprehend English and Spanish at an educated near-native level. Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation: Translation Skills I (Spanish/English) class is strongly recommended, not required. No previous translation and/or interpretation experience required. The age minimumis 18, or we ask you to please fill out the required release form.
- Students who successfully completed the Translation and Interpretation: Translation Skills I (Spanish/English) offered by Seattle Central College Continuing Education
- Novice translators who would like to improve their practical translation skills
- People who are bilingual who would like to become a professional translator or localizer
- Professionals who are often asked to translate work-related materials for their customers/clients but who have never received translation training
- Interpreters who wish to provide a translation service in the near future