Enhance your communication skills by learning American Sign Language (ASL) and get started in this interactive introductory course.
Learn the manual alphabet for fingerspelling words and names as well as basic signs for simple communication and gain a basic understanding of ASL grammar principles. We will also discuss the history of the deaf community and its language.
Enjoy learning a new language and expanding your ability to communicate by learning American Sign Language!
Upon successful completion, learners should be able to understand, identify, and express:
- proper greetings, introductions, farewells, questions and answers in ASL
- basic ASL vocabulary and grammar including Non-Manual Signals like facial expressions and body language
- gender distinction, topic-comment structure, contrastive structure
- incorporation of numbers into signs related to age and into pronoun signs
- cultural information
Master ASL - Level One (with DVD) by Jason E. Zinza, ASIN: BOON4F390Q. Check online for best prices.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Those interested in learning a second language
- Anyone seeking to expand their communication skills