Continue building upon the skills that you learned in our Level 1 class. During this intermediate class, expand your American Sign Language vocabulary and cultural skills in order to communicate more effectively.
Through instruction and practice, increase your visual awareness and comprehension skills. Improve your understanding of basic grammatical principles and put them to work by practicing with fellow students. Learn more about the history of the deaf community and its language.
- common vocabulary on several themes
- incorporating numbers with signs expressing time, age, money and pronouns
- enhanced use of non-manual signals and directional verbs
- identify locations, give directions and discuss transportation
- basic use of classifiers, incorporating the technique into basic storytelling
- more cultural information such as Deaf language, humor, philosophy and art
Master ASL - Level One (with DVD) by Jason E. Zinza, ASIN: BOON4F390Q
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Students who have previously completed our Level 1 class
- Anyone with basic ASL skills, including fingerspelling and basic signs